Location: Salt Lake City, UT
About RPS Composites:
We partner with companies around the world who are making a difference to people, communities, and the environment. Consider joining the team that manufactures, services and installs equipment that helps provide basic human essentials like electricity and clean drinking water. Our employees are also craftworkers who apply their expertise to composite products at some of the most critical facilities in North America.
For more than fifty years RPS Composites has been supplying engineered composite solutions into industrial facilities. Hundreds of piping, tank, and vessel installations in 40+ countries around the world speak to our experience providing composite solutions for corrosive fluid handling, processing, storage, and infrastructure challenges.
Why Join RPS?
- Great place to grow as a professional
- Challenging and interesting work
- Welcoming and professional culture where you’re appreciated and empowered to do your best work
As a Superintendent Field Services, you are responsible for the successful operation of a job site. You take pride in your leadership capabilities, achieving project deliverables and delivering value to our clients.
You’ll work closely with the Field Services Manager on completing projects. You thrive on all aspects of leading a team, including coaching, and developing others and stepping in when necessary. Equally, you enjoy implementing project plans, problem solving and coordinating all the parts that will lead to success.
What You Will Do:
- Review project plans with Field Services Manager (FSM) to ensure proper resources are provided on a daily basis
- Collaborate with FSM on planning and scheduling the people resources required in relation to skill level, length of time etc. required for each job, phase of the project
- Develop materials, tools, required for upcoming projects based on project plans
- Complete daily time sheets for client sign off in the field
- Act as the key liaison with clients on site, representing the organization, solving on-site concerns, ensuring client protocol requirements are met
- Supervise the Field Services team members, provide coaching, feedback and supports to enable an exceptional employee experience
- Ensure quality of work
- Ensure all site safety requirements are met on each project; create a safety-first culture on the team and model the behavior
- Hold Daily Tailgate Safety meetings, appropriately collaborate with the Safety representative
- Review and sign off with clients the completion of work
- Proactively communicate with team members the project and work schedules, any changes
- Completion of the Daily Safety Task Assignment sheet and safety reports
- Completion of job performance reviews for employees at project completion
- Completion of Daily Field worksheets as required for each project.
- Manage the mobilization and demobilization of projects safely and in compliance with DOT Regulations.
- Complete the Accident Investigation Report and submit to Safety Manager.
- Manage productivity, scope and schedule of the project
- Complete time keeping records daily and collaborate with Field Services Coordinator to ensure time keeping is well managed and accurate
- Responsible for loading and unloading of project trailers
- Responsible for restocking trailers to prepare for subsequent projects
- Assigned projects, responsibilities as required
What You Bring:
- Completion of post-secondary education in Construction Management, Engineering or related field preferred
- Safety Council Basic Orientation Plus (04BB) required; OSHA 30 Training a plus; demonstrated ability to manage teams and project within all safety requirements
- 5+ years’ experience in leading field crews and managing field projects
- Experience with composites an asset
- Strong supervisory skills: proactively coaching and developing team members, growing their skills, creating high performing teams with a strong safety culture; demonstrates ownership and able to hold direct reports accountable by constructively addressing performance issues through to resolution
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to professionally interact with our clients and represent RPS on site
- Exceptional organizational and coordination skills related to field project management
- Ability to read through project plans and implement, plan and supervise the appropriate people and equipment resources required
- Good technical skills including computer literacy, working knowledge of MS Office; able to learn and use new technology
- Set and maintain high standards of work in terms of quality and productivity
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to maintain and provide project reporting, written, verbal and using appropriate software
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Must be able to meet and maintain DOT driving requirements
- Ability to meet security clearances, background checks, and drug testing requirements
- Ability to travel 50% of time
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, write, and comprehend English; Spanish communication skills an asset
If you are a forward looking, action-oriented team player that works well with cross functional teams and meets the above qualifications, please forward your resume and cover letter with salary expectations directly to HR@RPSComposites.com.
RPS offers an exciting, collaborative work environment within a growing company, a competitive group benefits program, and matching retirement savings program.
Deadline to apply: When suitable candidate is found.