Corrosion and Abrasion Resistant Tanks & Vessels
Since 1962 our Ontario facility has provided design, engineering and manufacturing expertise to industrial customers around the world.
FRP and thermoplastic-lined FRP piping, tanks, and equipment, are the solution to many of the challenges arising from the processing, transportation, and storage of corrosive fluids. Our customers choose RPS as their solution provider because we bring a whole spectrum of capabilities to the table: from design, manufacturing, and installation, to maintenance, repair, and retirement.
With ASME RTP-1 certification you can be confident your equipment meets strict materials, design, and manufacturing standards giving you greater reliability, longevity, and value.
- FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) vessels manufactured with premium resins that include polyester (INEOS Hetron™), vinyl ester (INEOS Derakane™), and bisphenols.
- Dual laminate liners include PVC, CPVC, PP, PVDF, ECTFE, FEP, PTFE, PE, and PFA.
- Both FRP and dual laminate tanks and vessels ASME RTP-1 certified. NOTE: Only items constructed in accordance with all of the applicable rules of ASME are identified with the official Certification Mark.
- ASTM D3299, ASTM D4097 compliant.
- Pressure rating from full vacuum to 15 psig.
- Cylindrical vessels constructed via contact molding and filament winding; rectangular vessels via contact molding and vacuum infusion.
- Thermoplastic-lined dished and flat tops and bottoms are vacuum formed.
- Vessels constructed in various sizes to a maxiumum height/length of 60’ and standard diameters up to 14’. Non-standard sizes and shapes available.
- Volume ranging from 100 to 330,000 imp gal.
- External resin coating is pigmented and contains paraffin and ultraviolet absorbers to assure proper surface cure and inhibit ultraviolet light degradation.
- Minimum Barcol hardness of 90% of resin manufacturer’s specified value.
- Ledges and face flanges, if required, are designed as integral structures.
- FRP surfacing veils include polyester (Nexus), ‘C’ veil, or carbon veil
- ‘ECR’ glass used exclusively