Seamless MAXAR™ Red PVDF/FRP Dual Laminate
Dual Laminate pipe systems incorporate a thermoplastic liner in an FRP structure combining the enhanced corrosion resistance of thermoplastics with the higher strength and load carrying capabilities of FRP.
Our PVDF liners are Kynar Flex®, Polyvinylidene Fluoride resin, seamless to 12″. This resin meets the requirements of ASTM D5575 and may include less than 1% inorganic pigment for identification.
Kynar Flex® is a registered trademark of Arkema, Inc.
MAXAR Red’s PVDF liner is chemically inert to a broad range of commercial chemicals including the following:
All acids including hydrofluoric, hydrochloric, sulfuric, and hydrobromic acid
All chlorides – organic and inorganic
All sulfates – organic and inorganic
All bleach solutions
All solvents, all caustics, all phenols, all peroxides
Considering all the dual laminate on the market, it’s our bonding layer that sets us apart. A knit fiberglass fabric is melt-bonded and partially embedded into the O.D. surface of the PVDF liner using a proprietary process.
This bonding technology eliminates air gaps between the PVDF liner and the vinyl ester structure, thereby preventing condensation between the liner and structure, a common problem in lined steel pipe. Since these gases/ liquids are not trapped between our PVDF liner and vinyl ester structure, no weep holes are required and internal corrosion of the structure is eliminated.
- Resin: INEOS DERAKANE™ 411 Bisphenol A Epoxy Vinylester (™ Trademark, INEOS Composites or its subsidiaries, registered in various countries.)
- Glass: ‘ECR’ Glass
- Pressure Ranges: Suitable for continuous operation from full vacuum to 150 PSI for 1½” dia. through 12” dia. and full vacuum to 100 PSI for 14” dia. through 24” dia..
- Maximum Test Pressure: 225 psi (15 BAR)
- Temperature Range: -5°F (-20°C) to 220°F (104°C).
MAXAR™ piping systems with a continuous operating temperature above 180°F (82°C) should be evaluated by RPS Engineering to determine if the process conditions are acceptable.
- Manufactured via combination of contact molding and filament winding. Available in sizes 1½” – 24” diameter; seamless through to 12″. Refer to our specification bulletin below for dimensions.
- Minimum Barcol hardness of 90% of resin manufacturer’s specified value
- External resin coating containing paraffin, pigment, and ultraviolet absorbers to assure proper surface cure and inhibit ultraviolet light degradation.
- Pipe and fittings are shop and field assembled using butt joints, accomplished by welding the liner sections and then laminating the components together as per ASTM D6041. The liner weld is accomplished by flow fusion or hot gas welding. Welds are spark tested to detect pinholes prior to laminating.
- The type of pipe support to use for a specific application will depend upon a number of factors, the most important of which are the intended function of the support and the configuration of the available structural steel.
- Flanges available in either full face or lap joint style. Drilling in accordance with ASME B16.5 Class 150. (Note: 1.5″ – 4″ flanges can be attached to MAXAR Red pipe in the field using the MAXARFLEX pipe spooling kit, now available for purchase. With these kitted skyving and flaring tools, your maintenance team can bond the flange to the pipe and maintain the integrity of the bonded liner without the need for thermoplastic welding.)
What To Do Next
If you have a question or would like to make a purchase, please click Contact Us below. If you’d like us to respond to your RFQ, please click REQUEST QUOTE.