High Temperature Corrosion Resistant FRP Pipe and Fittings
HPPE H-150-200 pipe systems offer excellent corrosion resistance to a broad range of high temperature chemical environments including strong acids, oxidizing agents, and brine solutions.
RPS currently has a limited inventory of HPPE H-150-200 pipe and fittings available for immediate purchase and delivery. It’s our intention to maintain stock in our Inspection, Distribution, and Service (IDS) Centers in Northeast US, the Gulf Coast, and Atlantic Canada, so you can have the reliability and performance of our pre-engineered pipe and fittings, without the wait. With the help of our proprietary web app, RPS Stock Tracker, our IDS Centers can quickly find inventory that’s closest to your site and can call on multiple RPS facilities to fulfil your order.
Let us know if you would prefer we ship it loose, if we should sub-assemble it before shipment, or if our field services team should bring it along with them to your site.
For more information, please contact one of our Sales Reps, below.
- Resin: INEOS DERAKANE 510N™ Brominated Epoxy Novolac Vinyl Ester (™ Trademark, INEOS Composites or its subsidiaries, registered in various countries.)
- Glass: ‘ECR’ Glass
- Standard 200 mil corrosion barrier
- Pressure Rating: 150 psi (10 BAR), testing per ASTM D1599
- Maximum Test Pressure: 225 psi (15 BAR)
- Complies with ASME NM.2, ASTM D5421, ASTM D6041
- Surfacing Veil: C veil
- Temperature Range: -40°F (-40°C) to 220°F (104°C).
H-150-200 piping systems with a continuous operating temperature above 210°F (99°C) should be evaluated by RPS engineering to determine if the process conditions are acceptable.
H-150-200 pipe systems offer excellent corrosion resistance to a broad range of corrosive environments including
acidic oxidizing environments
- All pipe, flanges, and fittings have a 200 mil thick corrosion barrier made of two layers of veil (chemical barrier) and four layers of chopped strand glass (anti-wicking barrier).
- Manufactured via combination of contact molding and filament winding. Available in sizes 1” – 120” diameter. Refer to our Pipe Fitting and Dimensions Catalog for dimensions.
- Minimum Barcol hardness of 90% of resin manufacturer’s specified value.
- External resin coating containing paraffin and ultraviolet absorbers to assure proper surface cure and inhibit ultraviolet light degradation.
- Flanges available in either full face FRP or lap joint style. Drilling in accordance with ASME B16.5 Class 150.
- All pipe and fittings manufactured under a formal QA program certified in accordance with Quality Assurance Standard ISO 9001:2015.
- The type of pipe support to use for a specific application will depend upon a number of factors, the most important of which are the intended function of the support and the configuration of the available structural steel.
- Pipe and fittings are shop or field assembled using butt joints with veil edge capping.
What Does it Mean to be NM.2 Compliant?
“NM.2 Glass-Fiber-Reinforced Thermosetting-Resin Piping Systems” is a new Standard, published in 2019, by ASME, the American Society of Mechanical Engineers. Prior to its publication, Owners, EPCs, and others sourcing quality FRP pressure piping systems often had to cite multiple standards in their specifications. Not only were the codes fragmented, but in some cases, standards did not exist, and in others, the standards were out of date.
“NM.2” as it’s referred to, sets a high bar because it’s so comprehensive. If your manufacturer claims NM.2 compliance you can be sure products meet strict criteria for designer competency, design, materials, fabrication methods, quality assurance and conformance, inspection, examination, testing, and documentation.
For more information, read our interview with Bruce Hebb, our VP Engineering, and member of the ASME Committee that created this new Standard.
What To Do Next
If you have a question or would like to make a purchase, please click Contact Us below. If you’d like us to respond to your RFQ, please click REQUEST QUOTE.