Location: Mahone Bay, NS (Open to hybrid remote work arrangements)
For more than fifty years RPS Composites has been supplying engineered composite solutions into industrial facilities that process corrosive and often hazardous fluids. Hundreds of piping, tank, and vessel installations in 45+ countries around the world speak to our experience providing composite solutions for corrosive fluid handling, processing, storage, and infrastructure challenges.
Today we operate manufacturing, inspection, distribution, and service centers near Halifax Nova Scotia, Toronto Ontario, Washington DC, Columbus Ohio, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, Salt Lake City Utah, Mobile Alabama, Baton Rouge Louisiana, and Houston Texas.
Why Join RPS?
- Great place to grow as a professional
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, and high performing team
- Challenging and interesting work in a welcoming and professional culture
You understand how the numbers work and love a good process. You compliment these skills with a solid understanding of payroll & accounting software. Along with being a quick and resourceful learner you are wonderful with people too. You’re curious, like to understand how things work and get it right. We’re looking for a Payroll & Financial Administrator and you’re looking for a great place to work. This is a good opportunity if you’re wanting to learn and grow your capability in payroll, HR, and accounting. We’re open to hybrid remote work arrangements, or, choose to come into the office for an amazing view of the bay!
What You Will Do:
- Support the payroll processing activities of both Canadian and US payroll
- Prepare weekly reports and input data into enterprise system
- Coordinate performance evaluation process
- Verify, maintain, and organize payroll information and documentation
- Process employee benefits
- Calculate and remit payments
- Support Payroll Lead role with more complex payroll processing activities
- Act as payroll backup, processing Canadian, US payroll
- Process sales invoicing
- Basic accounting administration, reconciliation, and reporting
- Data entry (we’re working towards eliminating this but…we still have some of this)
- Maintain employee training records, reporting
- Perform basic audit checks, support monthly, yearend activities
- Participate in special projects, new tasks as appropriate
What You Bring:
- Completion of post-secondary program in Office Administration, Payroll, Accounting an asset; combination of relevant education and experience will be considered
- One year payroll and/or accounting administration experience
- Strong computer skills required, including MS Office programs
- Ability to learn and be highly proficient with the use of databases, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Accounting programs etc.
- Ability to understand basic payroll, accounting, procedures and principles
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Ability to collaborate with distributed team members; works well independently and with others
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet consistent, weekly deadlines
- Understanding and ability to display a high degree of confidentiality and discretion while working with sensitive and private information
- Good problem-solving and people centered, customer service skills
- Demonstrates a high degree of ownership of your work
- Willingness to take professional development and training as needed; embrace change and growth
If you are a forward looking, action-oriented team player that works well with cross functional teams and meets the above qualifications, please forward your resume and cover letter directly to HR@rpscomposites.com.
RPS offers an exciting, collaborative work environment within a growing company, a competitive group benefits program, and matching retirement savings (RRSP) program.
Deadline to apply: June 21, 2022