AA Series FGD Slurry Spray Piping
Coal-fired power plants produce boiler flue gases which must be scrubbed of chemicals and particulate before exiting through the stack. The internal and external lining in our FRP headers is virtually unaffected by the acid and high chloride environment inside an FGD tower that eats away at metallic piping.
Small- and medium-sized FGD towers can utilized self supporting FRP header designs. In larger towers, even with supporting beams, FRP headers are still the most economical choice. Lightweight, easy to install, with options like flanged or Victaulic ends, adhesively bonded joints or traditional butt joints, FRP offers design flexibility unmatched by metallic piping.
RPS Field Services can also install, refurbish, or maintain your AA-Series. Our A30-30 trowelable epoxy enhanced abrasion resistant paste can be applied in high wear areas or as an easy way to repair local erosion. Contact RPS for a solution to all your FGD spray header needs.
- Resin: INEOS DERAKANE™ 411 Bisphenol A Epoxy Vinylester (™ Trademark, INEOS Composites or its subsidiaries, registered in various countries.)
- Glass: ‘ECR’ Glass
- Pressure Rating: 100 psi (6.9 BAR); testing per ASTM D1599
- Temperature Range: -40°F (-40°C) to 180°F (82°C)
- Surfacing Veil: C veil or Polyester (Nexus)
Standard 100 mil internal and external corrosion barrier
Complies with ASME NM.2
Complies with ASTM D5421, ASTM D6041
- All pipe and fittings have a 100 mil thick erosion / corrosion interior and exterior barrier comprising one layer of veil (chemical barrier) and two layers of chopped strand glass (anti-wicking barrier) in a specially formulated abrasion-resistant resin matrix.
- Manufactured via combination of contact molding and filament winding. Available in sizes 1” – 60” diameter. Refer to our Pipe Fitting and Dimensions Catalog for dimensions.
- Minimum Barcol hardness of 90% of resin manufacturer’s specified value
- Flanges available in full face FRP; drilling in accordance with ASME B16.5 Class 150.
- All branch connections and outlets shall have a molded internal radius.
- Spray nozzles shall be joined to pipe by proven means of attachment, i.e. flanged, bonded, or mechanical joint.
- All pipe and fittings manufactured under a formal QA program certified in accordance with Quality Assurance Standard ISO 9001:2015.
Read more: RPS Chemical Resistance Guide
Wet FGD Slurry Guidelines
Our AA Series pipe will provide excellent long-term service when slurry particle size, velocity and % solids fall within our guidelines. Access the Guidelines here.
RPS Composites can also engineer and manufacture piping systems that use a seawater process in place of a traditional mineral slurry.